Sneak + right clicking with a staff will open a GUI. In the GUI you can put spells into the staffs. If the staff has multiple spells, The Spell Change key will change the current spell. Magic costs stamina to use.
- The healing staff will NOT hold spells. It can only heal players/animals.
- Staffs can be found in dungeons as loot, with randomized spell damage, spell cost, and cool downs, as well as whether they are staffs, wands, or rosaries.
- All staves have infinite durability, Left clicking will make you slap enemies doing 1 damage.
The fire and light staffs are found in treasure chests, the others are in weapons chests.
The statistics used to show damage for the staves where taken from creative mode, staves in survival that you find can vary in damage number and spell slots.
(highly recommend you enchant your staffs and try to find as many spells as possible as on their own they are quite rubbish and difficult to obtain.)
*Staves are WIP changes are bound to come in the future*
Mob usage Edit
- Mobs with staffs can cast spells.
- They will always cast the first spell if the range is correct and it's out of cool down, otherwise they will check for the next spell, then the next, and so on.
- Power: increases spells damage.
- Expansion: increases range/duration of spells, in case of projectiles allows them to pierce through entities.
- Sneak + Right click to infuse spells, Projectile and Tracking does 3-4 damage. I am unaware of any bonus properties from this staff.
Fire Staff Edit
- Sneak + Right click to infuse spells, Projectile and Tracking does 3 damage and has a chance to light the monster on fire to do 1 extra tick of fire damage, which can be nullified by water or if the mob is fire resistant. (Using Tracking has a higher chance of catching the enemy on fire, remember all spells can be used on the fire staff will all staves it's just I am doing the tests with the projectile and tracking spell.)
Magic Staff Edit
- Sneak + Right click to infuse spells, Projectile and Tracking does 4 damage. Once again I don't know if this staff has any special effects others do not with it's spell.
Light Staff Edit
- Sneak + Right click to infuse spells, Projectile and Tracking does 4 damage. This staff is the most powerful next to the Fire staff and Magic staff in my opinion, the reason that is the case is because against Undead foes it does 7 damage.
- Sneak + Right click to infuse spells, Projectile and Tracking does 2-3 damage, apparently it's a rare drop from the Necromancer and Lich but the odds of obtaining it are slim. Iv'e killed 100 Necro's to no avail, this staff has the lowest damage out of all of the staves. No known special effect.
- The healing staff is quite unique, Left click and wack other players or npcs to heal 2 damage. (can't infuse spells in this staff.)